Behavioral Disorder Counselor
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing
treatment services according to the Discovery Clinical Model.
Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety,
providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and
process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments,
conduct individual and family therapy sessions, and other case
management tasks, as assigned. Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Carries a case load of 5-6 patients.
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members. -
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for
patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the
patients' level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all patients.
Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x per month and
returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes, while on call.
Communicates appropriately with On Call Administrator or Regional
Director regarding pertinent facility issues, while on call. This
is a full time position.--- -For a virtual tour of the facility,
please visit our website at discoverymood.com. Qualifications
- Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Completion of state requirements and state clinical license to
conduct therapeutic interventions required
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good standing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.---All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin. - For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us atdiscoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker, Location:
Carmichael, CA - 95608 , PL: 554655692
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Parkway-South Sacramento , Behavioral Disorder Counselor, Other , Carmichael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!